- General Details
This test method covers the determination of the extent to which a grease retards the rotation of a slow-speed ball bearing by measuring starting and running torques at low temperatures, below -20°C (0°F).
ASTM D4693 – Low-temperature Torque of Grease Lubricated Wheel Bearings.
This test method determines the extent to which a test grease retards the rotation of a specially-manufactured, spring-loaded, automotive-type wheel bearing assembly when subjected to low temperatures. Torque values, calculated from restraining-force determinations, are a measure of the viscous resistance of the grease. This test method was developed with greases giving torques of less than 35 N·m at 40°C.
ASTM D4950 – Classification and Specification of Automotive Service Greases.
This specification covers lubricating greases suitable for the periodic relubrication of chassis systems and wheel bearings of passenger cars, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Steel structure painted with epoxy material
- Test cabin able to grant a working temperature of –75 °C
- Geared motor and Ball-cage rotating at 1 rpm
- Inspection door made in stainless steel with high insulation material
- Internal double cabin made in stainless steel with high diffusion and homogeneity cooling system
- Double stage refrigerating unit without CFC gases located in the bottom part of the structure
- Digital dynamometer
- Set for analysis available in accessories list
- Managed by a touch screen panel pc using LabLink operating software running on Windows basis with following characteristic:
- TFT/LCD 12”
- 40 Gb HD
- 1024 × 768 resolution and 16 M colors
- 2 × USB ports
- Able to store more than 60’000 analysis
- Power cable and user manual
- Power supply available 220 Vac 50/60 Hz or 115 Vac 50/60 Hz to be specified in case of PO
- ASTM D1478
- ASTM D4693
- ASTM D4950
- Order Enquiry
- Related Products