DS50 Thin Film Evaporator
- General Details
Thin Film Evaporator is used in chemical industry for the production and processing of low-molecular as well as macro-molecular substances. Because of the thermal sensitiveness of products, this separation method is applicable. The medium which is to be distilled is exposed only for a very short time to the heating substances because the film, which is created by the wiper, can evaporate very quickly. The residence time of medium on the heating surface is only seconds. Evaporated product has to pass a “short path” to the condenser. Condenser is located in the middle of the evaporator.
Rotary thin film evaporator with thermostat mantle and internal condenser for continuous shortpath distillation.
Universal lab-scale apparatus for short-path evaporation.
- Rotary thin-film evaporator with thermostat mantle and internal condenser for continuous shortpath distillation or gentle concentration of thermally sensible products.
- Suited for laboratory or pilot operation.
- The pilot operation data and experimental values can be transferred to bigger systems.
- The standard system uses glass wiper elements. Other wiper elements are available.
- Mobile table to accommodate system and accessories can be ordered optionally.
Evaporators in borosilicate glass 3.3 are available with heat exchange areas 0.02…0.8 m².
Alternative design versions in stainless steel for higher throughputs are available upon request.
- Technical Info
Feed range 50 – 1000 ml / h Evaporator material borosilicate glass Feed-vessel 250 ml Product receivers 250 ml Evaporator surface 200 cm2, short path Operating temperature max. 450°C Operating pressure 0.001 – 1000 mbar Mains Supply 208 – 250 V, 50 Hz (60 Hz upon request)
- Order Enquiry
- Related Products