Handheld infrared oil analyzer for quantitative measurement of fresh and used lubricants' condition for machine condition monitoring.
- General Details
The FluidScan® 1000 series handheld Infrared oil analyzer provides direct quantitative measurement of a lubricant’s condition and plays an important role in Machine Condition Monitoring (MCM) for proactive and predictive maintenance in Reliability Management programs. It determines when oil needs to be serviced due to degradation of the oil chemistry or contamination by other fluids such as water or the wrong oil. It is compliant with ASTM D7889 “Standard Test Method for Field Determination of In-Service Fluid Properties Using IR Spectroscopy”.
Dedicated Direct Infrared Spectrometer
- No moving parts, designed for handheld and field use applications
- Multivariate calibration with unique oil-specific algorithms
Easy to use
- Needs just one drop of oil and one minute to test
- No solvents required to clean
- Color-coded, user adjustable alarm limits
Determine when in service oil not fit for use
- Direct immediate measurement of water, TAN and oxidation for lubricants used in gearboxes, turbines and hydraulic systems
- Also measures TBN, water, glycol, soot, additive depletion and oxidation for engine oil
- Mineral and synthetic oils used in gear boxes, engines, transmissions
- Hydraulic systems, turbines and other machinery components
- Quality assurance of new oils
Innovative water and fluid indentity methods
- Patented total water algorithm for both dissolved and free water
- Solvent free alternative to Karl Fischer titration
- Water index for grease condition monitoring
- Fluid integrity to determine fluid mix ups
Innovation in hardware and calibration
At the core of the FluidScan is a patented, mid-infrared spectrometer with grating optics and a linear detector array. The spectrometer collects the infrared light transmitted through the fluid in the flip top cell into a waveguide. The waveguide then carries the light to a prism-like diffraction grating that reflects the light into a high-performance array detector which registers the infrared spectrum of the fluid. It provides more than adequate spectral range, resolution and signal-to-noise ratio for the rapid analysis of in-service lubricants.
It also fulfils the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (NESHAP RICE) requirements for extending oil change intervals in engines and back-up generators when used in conjunction with the Spectro MiniVisc 3050 Portable Viscometer.
Default library One free library from FL364 to FL371 at time of purchase Industrial Upgradable to full library Yes Yes Total water license Optional Optional Route base analysis No Yes OilView interface No Yes TruVu 360 device console interface No Yes Intended application Fleet, marine, military, aerospace, fuel QC Industrial manufacturing plants, power plants
- Techical Info
- Full application library based on equipment use.
- FluidScan is available with over 850 fluids in the on-board Oil Library for immediate, out-of the-box operation, and additional oils can be added to the oil library by the end-user.
- Results for critical properties such as TAN, Oxidation and water contaminationfor industrial lubricants and TBN, water, oxidation, nitration, sulfation, glycol and soot for engine oils.
Fluid Manager desktop application provides:
- Report capability
- Device synchronization
- Data backup
- Asset Manager database
- ASTM D7889 Compliant- “Standard Test Method for Field Determination of In-service Fluid Properties Using IR Spectroscopy”
- High correlation to KF water, TAN and TBN laboratory tests
- Reproducibility and repeatability comparable to benchtop FTIR method ASTM E2412
- Data analysis compliant to ASTM E1655
- Order Enquiry
- Related Products