- General Details
FULL COMPLIANCE WITH GLOBAL TEST STANDARDS
The High Frequency Reciprocating Rig (HFRR-4.2) is a state of the art fuel lubricity tester that is designed for full compliance with global test standards. Its compact and easy to use design makes tests simple to set up and the high precision automated humidity control system eliminates manual activities by the operator.
The HFRR 4.2 can be used to test diesel fuel, gasoline and lubricants. It can also be used for fretting wear tests with its low displacement, high frequency reciprocating testing mode.
- HFRR Test Specimens (Pack of Balls and Disks)
- Reference Fluid A (500 ml)
- Reference Fluid A (0.5 Gallon)
- Reference Fluid B (500 ml)
- Reference Fluid B (0.5 Gallon)
- Fastener Set
- Specimen Holder Set
- Heater Block
- Temperature Sensor
Clean, Salt-Free Humidity Control
The integrated high precision humidity controller is salt-free and only needs distilled water to maintain precise humidity levels without influencing the temperature of the conditioned air. Automatic condensation and evaporation cycles are used to maintain accurate humidity levels. The system is computer controlled and completely automated. It fully complies with the laboratory air conditions of the ISO1256-1. Air temperature and humidity is measured and recorded for the entire test duration.
Powerful & Intuitive Software
Our clean user interface places all necessary controls in a single screen, you can quickly set up tests with minimal training. Preconfigured standard test protocols make testing even easier. Our Data Acquisition (DAQ) Software comes standard with every HFRR-4.2 completely eliminating the need for unfriendly interfaces that complicate test setup and make viewing live data impossible.
You can view your test data, compare tests and print you test report straight from our software at the click of a button.
Fully Integrated Design
A compact tabletop, ergonomic design and a test area that is easily viewed and accessed make the HFRR-4.2 simple to use. It integrates the electronics controller, automatic humidity control system and the HFRR test unit in a single, sleek instrumented cabinet reducing footprint so it does not occupy unnecessary lab space.
Real Time STROKE LENGTH
Advanced technology for inline stroke length acquisition during the test. The ball holder is fixed to a push rod driven by an electrodynamic vibrator to generate a stroke of 1 + 0.02 mm (in compliance with ASTM D6079 and ISO 12156-1 test standards). The inline stroke length acquisition enables electronic calibration.
- Technical Info
- Frequency: 10 to 200 Hz
- Stroke: 20 µm to 2.0 mm
- Load: 0 to 1.0 kg (dead weight)
- Friction Force: 10.0 N (Max)
- Temperature: Ambient to 150 deg C (Ambient to 400 deg C is optional)
- Upper Specimen (Ball): 6.0 mm diameter
- Lower Specimen (Disk): 10.0 mm dia x 3 mm thick
- Power: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Quality control of diesel fuels supplied by different refineries or supply chain methods. Check out our latest article on How do fuels from different gas stations fare?
- The role of different biofuels in diesel fuel lubricity.
- Synergistic effect of coatings and diesel fuel components in predicting the life of fuel pumps.
- Screening the range of viscosity modifiers and boundary additives to improve the poor lubricity of low Sulphur diesel.
- High temperature lubricity behavior of engine oils as a function of its base oil, anti-wear additives and viscosity modifiers.
- Compatible with diesel, hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO), distillates and gas to liquids (GTL) fluids. Read more about HVOs as renewable diesel fuel.
- StandardsThe HFRR-4.2 is fully compliant with global standards for fuel lubricity testing. With test protocols embedded in the software, you can run tests in accordance with ASTM, ISO, DIN and other standards at the click of a button. This means less user training requirements, fewer errors, and lower costs of operations.
- ASTM D6079: Standard Test Method for Evaluating Lubricity of Diesel Fuels by the High-Frequency Reciprocating Rig (HFRR).
- ASTM D7688: Standard Test Method for Evaluating Lubricity of Diesel Fuels by the High-Frequency Reciprocating Rig (HFRR) by Visual Observation.
- ISO 12156-1: Diesel fuel — Assessment of lubricity using the high-frequency reciprocating rig (HFRR). Part 1. Test method.
- GOST R ISO 12156-1-2006: Diesel fuel. Determination of lubricity by the HFRR-apparatus. Part 1. Test method.
- JPI-5S-50-98: Gas Oil – Testing Method for Lubricity.
- BS EN 590: Automotive Fuels – Diesel – Requirements and Test Methods.
- IP 450/2000: Diesel Fuel – Assessment of Lubricity Using the High Frequency Reciprocating Rig (HFRR).
- CEC F-06-A-96: Measurement of Diesel Fuel Lubricity.
- SH/T 0765: Diesel fuel – Assessment of lubricity using the high-frequency reciprocating rig (HFRR).
- Order Enquiry
- Related Products