POD 4.0 Multi Capability Tribometer
- General Details
A VERSATILE WEAR AND FRICTION TESTER FOR EVERY TRIBOLOGY LAB.
The modular POD-4.0 is a tribometer with many capabilities. Use it as a pin/ball on disk for rotary tests, linear reciprocation or traction measurement simply by choosing the right module. Its automation, sensitivity and ultrawide range of operation make its capabilities unmatched.
Rotary | Linear | Block on Ring | Traction
The tabletop POD-4.0 is a high performance, multi capability tribometer that is capable of performing various popular tribology tests in a single instrument. The system is capable of conducting pin on disk tests, linear reciprocating tests, block on ring tests, traction tests and many others.
An ecosystem of environment and sensing modules is available for everything from lubrication and tribocorrosion studies to humidity control and high temperature testing.
It is modular, powerful and automated making it simple to use.
QUICKLY CHANGE MODULES TO MATCH YOUR NEEDS
Using its fast interchange mechanism, the POD-4.0 can easily transform itself and unlock new testing capabilities. You can start simple, with a base POD-4.0 tester and keep adding on modules to address your testing needs. Motion modules for angular reciprocating, linear reciprocation and block-on-ring tests are available. Various sensing, environment and other options are also available. Its modularity allows upgradation at any time after the purchase.
A direct drive design gives instant response and unmatched control over testing speeds. The system is designed for high and low temperature compatibility, easy servicing and flexibility in accepting a variety of sample sizes and geometries.
Easily interchangeable set-up allows the POD 4.0 to transform from a rotary tribometer to a linear reciprocating tribometer in under 2 minutes. Movement options and precise motion control are available for various movement types. High precision rotary motion capability for clockwise and counter-clockwise movements comes standard with the POD-4.0 (speeds from 0.1 rpm up to 5000 rpm). This capability can be expanded by adding angular oscillation module, linear reciprocation module, block on ring module and other motion modules.
A fully re-imagined psi-cage friction sensor mechanism eliminates parasitic friction related errors while maximizing sensitivity and range of operation. Carefully optimized design is tuned for stiffness and offers excellent stability without compromising measurement capabilities.
Its special design, construction and placement, together with careful thermal design make it free of thermal drift and perfectly suited for high or low temperature applications.
Every POD-4.0 includes a high resolution wear measurement sensor. The measurement system is designed to eliminate thermal drift when used with high temperature modules. Its wide range and good sensitivity make it excellent for testing everything from testing thin coatings to soft materials.
STANDARD OR AUTOMATIC, IT’S YOUR CHOICE.
The POD-4.0 comes standard with a dead weight loading system that can be used for low load testing down to 0.25 N all the way up to 200 N, without needing to change any parts.
The loading system can be upgraded to a fully automatic loading system in just minutes, enabling advanced functionalities across the entire loading range. The automatic loading system is ideal for applications where a programmed run-in, ramp or step loads are required.
EASY SAMPLE POSITIONING.
Spiral wear track, constant speed mode dynamically adjusts rpm to keep sliding speed constant while on a spiral track.
Environments play an important role in friction and wear behavior of materials. With a range of environment options to choose from, you are only one step away from enabling test conditions on your POD-4.0 to match your testing requirements. We offer environment options like humidity, low temperature, high temperature, lubrication, corrosion and others are available.
- Standards & Methods
- ASTM G99: Standard Test Method for Wear Testing with a Pin-on-Disk Apparatus
- ASTM G133: Standard Test Method for Linearly Reciprocating Ball-on-Flat Sliding Wear
- ASTM G77: Standard Test Method for Ranking Resistance of Materials to Sliding Wear Using Block-on-Ring Wear Test
- ASTM G59: Standard Test Method for Conducting Potentiodynamic Polarization Resistance Measurement
- ASTM G102: Standard Practice for Calculation of Corrosion Rates and Related Information from Electrochemical Measurements
- DIN 50324: Tribology; Testing Of Friction And Wear Model Test For Sliding Friction Of Solids (Ball On Disc System)
- DIN ISO 7148-1: Testing the tribological behavior of material for sliding bearings Part 1: Testing of bearing materials, test procedure A, pin on disk.
- DIN ISO 7148-2: Testing the tribological behavior of plastic materials for sliding bearings, test procedure A, pin on disk
- Stribeck curves to map the lubrication regimes of viscosity modifiers and additives in oils.
- Friction and wear behavior during the high-temperature metal forming process.
- Directional dependent friction and wear behavior of polymer composites.
- Friction and wear behavior of brake pad materials at high temperatures.
- Stribeck curves for testing the lubrication of food particles and beverages.
- Tribocorrosion of materials.
- Quick tribological characterization of coatings like TiBN, TiN, DLC, WC, PCD, and much more.
- Wear behavior of cutting tools and hard face coatings used in mining.
- High vacuum and temperature testing of space-grade materials.
- Reference materials for tribology at 1000 °C.
- Order Enquiry
- Related Products