- General Details
Viscosity is defined as the rate of a fluid’s internal resistance to flow. Intermolecular force, molecular mass and temperature are considered as the main factors effecting the viscosity. Fluids that have directly proportional flow rate with friction resistance are called as Newtonian fluids. Best method to measure viscosity of Newtonian fluids is by using capillary viscometers. With a kinematic viscometer, viscosity is determined based on the flow time of a fluid which is kept at a specific temperature inside a capillary with a known diameter and length. Viscol-10A Automatic Kinematic Viscometers provide the most reliable results for research, development and quality control practices.
With different models for different applications, Viscol-10 Series offer wide temperature and viscosity range.
Viscol-10a Automatic Kinematic Viscometer is equipped by the latest temperature control, detector, chronometer and washing specifications. Viscol-10A is the main version for fuel and oil applications as it offers 40°C & 100°C measurements with viscosity index reporting.
All the operations as measurement, cleaning, calibration etc. are handled by the instrument automatically.
Viscol-10A Kinematic Viscometer Features:
- Fully compliant kinematic viscosity measurements with ASTM D445 and all related standards
- Wide range measurement coverage from base to heavy fuel oils
- Temperature range from 30°C to 120 °C
- Wide range (175 Fold) capillaries
- Viscosity detection from 0.5 cSt to 25.000 cSt
- Full automatic operation
- Dual solvent usage as a standard
- Automatic cleaning with low solvent consumption
- Easy tube change
- Full control from Windows based touch panel PC
- Low bath fluid and over temperature locks
- USB & Ethernet connection ports
- Built-in cooler for rapid bath temperature cooling
- Automatic reporting (Kinematic Viscosity and Viscosity Index)
- Robust designd and small footprint
Areas of Use:
Mineral and base oils • Recidual and used oils • Light and heavy fuels • Crude oil • Marine fuels
- Techical InfoMeasurement range0.5 cSt – 25000 cStViscometer typeUbbelohdeTemperature range-40°C to 150 °CTemperature precision0.001 °CTime detection precision0.001 sSample volume10-15 mLData transferUSB & PCWeight40 KgDimensions30 x 50 x 80 cmPower requirement220 VAC – 50 Hz
- Methods & Standards
- ASTM D445
- ASTM D446
- ISO 3104
- ISO 3105
- IP 71
- Order Enquiry
- Related Products